Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The Beginning

Ta dah! My first ever blog post.  I admit, up until this point I've rejected the whole notion of having a blog because, everyone had a blog, I thought they were a little self-serving (like everyone thinks they're the center of the universe and the world should read their story), and because I didn't think that I had time to write a blog. Yet, here I am! So, what has changed? Well, I realized a couple of things:

1 - I needed an organized place to archive our treasured memories of raising the little Wright kiddos. Grant and I agree that these years of raising our kids are the most precious of our lives and we just want to remember and enjoy these years over and over and over.... Plus, our kids will probably get a kick out of reading this in the future.

2 - I want family (especially grandparents who do not live by) to be able to hear about what the Wright kiddos are up to.

3 - Ever since carrying, birthing and parenting Eden, I have become increasingly introspective and I would like a place to "spill" some of the thoughts that are just spinning around in my head...

So - with these positive reasons in mind - here I am, writing a blog.

In the past, I have been a meticulous editor of all my writings. This, of course, takes a great deal of time.  I think being "stuck" in their perfectionist writing mindset is what has kept me from blogging before. In this my thought was, "If I don't have time to do it flawlessly, I just won't try;" (this is, by the way, the story of my life! Haha!) Anyway, I am going to try to keep the editing to a minimum and post in a "stream of conscious" style.

Anyway, I hope that after reading my "Wrightings" (too cheesy?) that you are entertained, uplifted, and maybe even a little challenged.

Here goes...






No comments:

Post a Comment